Skip to main content

Landlords tax returns

Low cost online tax return self assessment completion for private and commercial landlords.



Tax return help - Landlords

If you’re a landlord in the UK and let your property, you need to tell the tax man about the money you’ve earned from the property and how much you spent to earn that money.

You should do this each year by completing a self assessment tax return. This tax return needs to be submitted to HMRC by the 31st January after the end of the tax year.

The tax return also needs to show all your other sources of income for the year (such as a regular job), even if they’ve already been taxed

How we can help​

Property tax is a complex area of tax law, but the good news is that we have been preparing and filing landlords tax returns for decades so we can advise you what you need to report on your tax return form. We can also discuss with you the further likely tax consequences should you wish to sell your rental property in the future and advise on the best course of action to keep your tax down to a minimum.

What expenses can I claim as a Landlord​

  • Mortgage interest
  • Estate Agent fees
  • Accountancy fees
  • Legal fees
  • Gardening
  • Cleaning
  • Service charge
  • Advertising
  • Travel
  • Council Tax
  • Ground Rent
  • Building Insurance
  • Landlord Insurance
  • Repairs and Maintenance
  • Utility bills like water, gas and electricity
  • Equipment
  • Small tools
  • Repairs and renewals of property and equipment
  • Business insurance
  • Training and courses
  • Protective clothing
  • Subscriptions to professional bodies
  • Wages and staff costs

Your Tax Return completed accurately and efficiently online


What our clients say...


"I have used these guys for years, highly recommend Tax Returners"

J Robertson - Consultant

"Not just there at end of year, can call them anytime I don't understand what the taxman wants!"

R Land - Engineer

"Customer care is second to none. Highly recommend these guys!"

B Skates - Facilitator